STFC - 29 April, 2011

Audited Financial Results Sep-2011

Friday, 29th April, 2011, Mumbai: The Board Meeting of Shriram Transport Finance Company Limited (STFC), the largest asset financing NBFC in the country, was held today to consider the audited financial results for the year ended 31st. March, 2011.

Financials (Standalone) :
Fourth Quarter ended 31st. March, 2011 :
The Net Interest Income for the fourth quarter ended 31st March, 2011 increased by 25.63% to Rs. 811.81 crores as against Rs. 646.19 crores of the same period previous year. The profit after tax rose by 28.82% to Rs. 340.62 crores as against Rs. 264.42 crores recorded in the same period earlier year. The earning per share (basic) surged by 25.92% to Rs. 15.06 from Rs 11.96 recorded in the same period earlier year.
Year ended 31st. March, 2011 :
The Net Interest Income for the year ended 31st March, 2011 increased by 39.91% to Rs. 3,102.54 crores as against Rs. 2,217.55 crores of the previous year. The profit after tax rose by 40.86% to Rs. 1,229.88 crores as against Rs. 873.12 crores recorded in the earlier year. The earning per share (basic) for the year ended surged by 32.61% to Rs. 54.49 from Rs. 41.09 recorded in the earlier year.

Dividend :
The Board has recommended a final dividend of Rs.4.00 (40%) per share. This is in addition to the interim dividend of Rs. 2.50 (25%) per share declared at the Board Meeting held on 27th. October, 2010 making the total dividend of Rs. 6.50 (65%) per share as against the total dividend of Rs. 6.00 (60%) per share paid for 2009 - 10.

Assets under Management :
Total Assets under Management as on 31st March, 2011 increased by 23.91% to Rs. 36,086 crores as compared to Rs. 29,122 crores as on 31st March, 2010.

About Shriram Transport Finance Company Limited.
Shriram Transport Finance Company Limited is the flagship company of the Shriram group which has significant presence in Consumer Finance, Life Insurance, General Insurance, Stock Broking and Distribution businesses. Established in 1979, Shriram Transport is today the largest asset financing NBFC in the country and holistic finance provider for the commercial vehicle industry and seeks to partner small truck owners for every possible need related to their assets. It has PAN India presence with 502 branch offices. Based at Mumbai, it manages assets over Rs 40,000 crores and has a live customer base exceeding 8,50,000.

For Further information, please contact:

Mr. Sanjay K. Mundra

Vice President

Shriram Transport Finance Company Ltd.

Wockhardt Towers,
3rd Floor, West Wing, G Block,
Bandra-Kurla Complex,
Bandra (East),
Mumbai - 400051.
Email:
Telephone: 022-40959595